The Effective Practices in Inclusive Education (EPIE) Online Professional Development course offers general and special educators the opportunity to learn about and apply effective practices for inclusive education with personalized virtual coaching and online modules.
The goal of the EPIE Online PD is to provide teachers with flexible professional development that is individualized and that results in a strong foundation for implementing best practices for diverse groups of learners.
See our Resources Guide853.40 KB
How Does It Work?
- Teachers sign up for the "Introduction to Best Practices in Inclusive Education" six-week course that includes five modules on inclusive practices.
- Assignments include both written lesson plans and videotaped lessons, allowing teachers to receive personalized feedback and coaching on lesson planning and delivery. Each teacher receives virtual individual coaching sessions.
What Topics are Covered?
The Modules include: Overview of Inclusive Education, Universal Design for Learning, Lesson Planning for Diverse Learners, Curricular Modifications for Students with Complex Support Needs, and Co-teaching and Collaboration
When and How is the Course Offered?
The course runs from September 5th to October 17th, with flexible self-paced options for teachers to move through materials and submit video lessons. The course is offered through the Schoology Learning Management System. Teachers should have access to skype or ZOOM for video-conferencing.
Who Teaches the Course?
Drs. Debbie Taub and Meghan Cosier have over 20 years of experience in K-12 education and instructional coaching.
What is the Cost and How do I Register?
- The cost of the course is $495 per teacher. This includes personalized coaching for each course participant. This course does not offer university or college credit or continuing education credits. Participants receive a certificate of completion from OTL Transformed. Discounts are available for groups of teachers from the same school or organization.
- Schools and other organizations may work with the instructors to customize instruction based on the program's unique needs.
- To register and pay for the course, click on the PayPal registration button below.
- Space is Limited! The course is limited to 8 teachers in order for each participant to receive personalized feedback. Registration closes on September 4, 2017.
Who Should I Contact for More Information?